Commitment 5 | Resource Sustainability
To achieve and maintain resource sustainability, WSSU must generate various streams of revenue. Not only
must WSSU excite a larger percentage of its alumni to invest in the institution, but also WSSU must invite new
people, businesses, and industries into strategic partnerships. The WSSU community must work together to
cultivate a culture of philanthropy.
WSSU will achieve its long-term vision of resource sustainability by collaborating and cooperating with
external stakeholders to diversify its finances. These partnerships will stimulate necessary resources to
support scholarships, internships, research, study away and study abroad, and endowed professorships.
These initiatives impact growth opportunities and promote the development of scholars, innovators,
- Cultivate an institutional culture of philanthropy.
- Develop coordinated operations that support advancement and sponsored research.
- Broaden support of entrepreneurship, innovation, and research amongst the university community.
- Increase university partnerships to enhance resources.
- Create new revenue streams that elevate the university’s fiscal strength.