Faculty and Staff Tuition Waiver
All permanent, full-time WSSU employees who work 30 or more hours per week for nine or more months are eligible for tuition and fee waivers for a course taken at any of the of the University of North Carolina System campuses.
Participation in the program is voluntary and courses may be taken for either career development or personal interest.
- Tuition and fee charges will be waived for a maximum of two three-credit courses per academic year.
- Academic year is defined to include a fall semester, spring semester and summer session.
- The Faculty and Staff Tuition Waiver Program does NOT cover non-credit courses. The employee is responsible for any and all additional tuition and fees charged to the student’s account during the term.
- Application or pre-registration procedures may differ between UNC institutions.
- It is the employee's responsibility to be familiar with any variations in procedures.
- Employees receiving non-repayable Financial Aid (Pell Grant, scholarships, etc.) are eligible for tuition/fee waivers.
How to Apply for a Faculty and Staff Tuition Waiver
- The completed Faculty and Staff Tuition Waiver form must be submitted to the Student Accounts and Cashiering Office on or before the last day of the Add/Drop period.
- Waivers submitted after the Add/Drop date of the semester or term of enrollment will not be processed.
- It is the faculty/staff member’s responsibility to make sure the request has been received in the Student Accounts and Cashiering Office by the designated period.